Monday, March 5, 2007

Mildly Entertaining...

Just finished Are You Experienced? It was mildly entertaining. It kept my interest and was a fast read. I just kept wishing that Dave would just kick the crap out of Liz. He didn't have enough guts for me. He was a bit of a whiner. And I really hated the character of Liz. I just kept waiting for him to just let her have it, but he never did.

The other characters we met along the way were much more believable. And even more funny. I had a tough time (me being American and all) figuring out the currency denominations. I don't have any clue how much a rupee is in American dollars, but I got the jest.

There was far too much whining happening the whole entire story, which at times just made me roll my eyes. I mean, honestly, just leave the damn place if you are having just a horrible time, you know? *sigh* But this book does have me wanting to use British words like "Bullocks" in every day speech just for the heck of it...


Next up:

A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon. I LOVED The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.. so I thought I would give this a try!

No comments: